Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Mixing the Kits with Kira

Hey there! It's Kira and I am back with TWO new layouts in my Life Crafted album.  Here's a look at the first layout:



For this layout, I used the digital "Weekend Life" stamp set, some of the March Add-on kit and some chipboard from the Life Crafted kit.  I started by printing my photo to 4.25x8.25 on matte photo paper.  The photo I am using is of my son at the library, which features a lime green wall and his red sweatshirt.  These colors are super bold, but coordinate so well with the add-on kit.



I chose the floral print paper from the add-on kit on the reverse page.  I wrapped the lower 3/4 of the page with black and white bakers twine from my stash.



For my journaling, I typed up four paragraphs in a word document.  Then I inserted one of the little buildings from the digital stamp set and sized it to the same height as the journaling.  I tucked these journaling strips into the bakers twine and attached them with my tiny attacher stapler.  I finished off each block of journaling with an embellishment, either chipboard or puffy sticker.



On my photo page I stamped (with the physical "Weekend Life" stamp set) "Sundays should come with a pause button" as my title.  And created a cluster with a fussy cut floral, die cut label and a puffy heart.



Here's a look at my second layout:



For this layout, I used a mix of the add-on kit and the Life Crafted kit.  I started by cutting down the pink stencil paper from the add on kit to 3.75" wide and ripped the bottom at about 7".  I adhered my photo towards the top of my page, and wrapped some black and white bakers twine around the page.



Then I took labels and die cuts from the kits, and layered them under my photo.  I added puffy hearts and enamel dots for some additional texture.



On the reverse side I typed up my journaling on some white cardstock.  To tie in the left side, I built a cluster towards the bottom of the page using a cut apart, die cut, puffy sticker and enamel dots.  The flair button goes along with my story, which is about my son choosing which buttons he includes with his valentines this year (I stole an extra one, took out the backing, and adhered it on the page).



Thanks so much for stopping by!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment