Monday, January 22, 2018

A New Years Eve mini album

Hello wonderful ones! It's Essie here with a mini album project to share.



My family had a really beautiful NYE with some friends this year, and I wanted to record the event in more detail than I'm able to in my Project Life album.



When I want to do that, I always turn to mini albums. They allow me to place a special moment in our lives in it's own little spotlight that we can revisit over and over again.


There are so many ways to add texture and play with small embellished details in a mini - for me that's partly because there are simply more pages to work with...



... and partly because we interact with small albums in a different way than to a larger scale chronological album.



Albums give us a look at he big picture, minis often allow us to focus in on the smaller specifics.



I had so much fun making this mini with the January 2018 Pocket Life kit.


Pocket Life kits are great for creating minis because they come with all the elements you need to make a good one - a mix of lovely papers, a set of coordinating alphas, and all the embellishments you could possibly need to tell a beautiful and cohesive story.



Here's a look at my process for this one:


I hope you have a super happy and creative day!
Love, Essie x

1 comment:

  1. Well now this is just adorable! I am a mini lover and this one is no exception!

    ReplyDelete