Monday, January 1, 2018

Guest Design Suse Fish: January Sugarland PL Kit


When Trina mentioned she had a Pocket Life kit that I might enjoy playing with, I was so excited to see it; then when it arrived, I was grinning like the cat who’d got the cream! Gosh, this Sugarland kit is beautiful, isn’t it? All those gorgeous fresh shades - pinks, yellows, cornflower blue, jade green - so uplifting and just perfect for documenting a page about new starts and hopeful plans.



The danger with this spread was that I wanted to use every single item in the kit! Not being able to choose which pieces to use because you love them all is a very a nice problem to have, isn’t it? So a large part of my process was spent picking up die-cuts and thinking, “Ooh, yes that one,” only to swap it straight back out for an equally gorgeous one!



I wanted this page to reflect my hopes for the coming year - not only in my journalling, but also in the positive, fun tone of the photos. 


Because this is the year I’d like to lighten up a little and try to really relish the simple joys of each day. Life can sometimes feel a bit like a never-ending ‘to do’ list and that’s such a shame, as it’s a gift, isn’t it? I look at my daughter’s sunshine-y determination to find joy in each day and feel inspired to try to do the same.



So what are your plans for the coming year, I wonder? Do you have dreams in your heart or a vision of how you’d like your days to look in 2018? Why not make a project that reflects those goals, using colours that you love and words that reflect your heart?



Here is a Youtube video with a little rambling from me. Enjoy!



Wishing you a beautiful year friends, filled with colour, joy and of course, *lots* of deliciously sugary scrapbooking.

1 comment:

  1. This is way more better than ”lagom” it’s wonderful Suse!! Thanks so much for the awesome inspiration 💗 xo

    ReplyDelete