Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Jordan and Nathalie



Hello sweet, crafty friends!  Jordan here today with my very first Citrus twist blog post!!  It is such a blessing to be a part of the Citrus Twist team.  I have been an admirer of these products and subscriber for a while, so to be here sharing this with you is such an honor for me!  Even better is that I get to collaborate with the talented Nathalie today!

Here is the starting sketch:

And here is my final take on it:
I chose to use the gorgeous Sugarland main Scrapbook kit only for this one.  I stayed pretty true to the original here.  This kit is PACKED with gorgeous colors, word art, and die cuts.  It was very hard to narrow it down. In the end I chose a bright, upbeat palette to match the happy mood of the moment I chose to document.  I really, really loved the pink and blue papers this month, so I chose to use those for my main colors.  I accented with pops of yellow, which is always a favorite color for me to accent with.

The puffy word stickers are perfect for just about any cute, catchy title you could think of and coordinate with just about any layout! 

I added a few layers behind the photo from the die cut pack, a fun pom-pom frame (who does't love pom-pom's?!) and there you have it.  A fun, bright layout to document a perfect day with my family.

All together this page took me about 30-40 minutes to put together.  That's the beauty of a sketch!  It takes so much of the guess work and re-arranging out of the process.  You can get your scrappy time in and still have time to go out and make more beautiful memories!

After all, that's what this community of creative scrappers is all about!  Making memories with the ones we love and documenting our story along the way.

 I hope you enjoy today's sketch and we look forward to seeing what you create!

Blessings, Jo

                                          ------------------------------------------------------------


Hi there!

Don't you just love how Jordan used the sketch to create her gorgeous layout!  So in love with her color palette  - i might just have to borrow it for a future project ;)  -

Now let me show my take on the sketch, and as usual, i twisted it a bit.  Here is my project:





For this page I am working with the beautiful "SUGARLAND" main kit, as well as the embellishment, patterned paper kit, and a few of this month's stamps  (I pretty much got everything Trina put together in this month's kits!!!) . 





As you can see, I chose to flip the sketch, and added a layer of mixed media instead of paper as the background for the picture.   The rest of the layout pretty much follows the sketch  (*wink, *wink,  *wink!)




I chose a more masculine color palette since i was documenting a picture of my son and little (my nephew) together.     Pieces of paper from both main and Patterned paper kit were torn to match the edge of the antique book page that is included in all the kits.  Also, the second picture was replaced by the pompom frame, and large ephemera piece.  Just love all the embellishments included in this month's kits!!!




Finally, I decided to move the title so that it forms part of the cluster at the bottom of the page, and just tied all my clusters by adding all the black and white stars that i found in all the kits! 

Now it is your turn to create a project of your own using this week's sketch!  Remember to  add today's date on the title when sharing it on the CTK gallery or CTK Fan's page in Facebook (there is always a prize draw for all the entries at the end of each month!).  We cannot  wait to see how this sketch inspires you!

Till next time,

Nathalie

1 comment:

  1. What a great sketch and I love both of your layouts!!!!

    ReplyDelete