Monday, November 20, 2017

DIY Backgrounds with Stamps

Hello again friends!  Candace here to show how I used the 4x6 "Gathering" stamp set this month.  Every month I look forward to this stamp and look for new and different ways that I can use it to stretch my creativity and storytelling.  This month I wanted to tell the story of a fun date night with my husband.  I had an idea in my mind of the overall design and then I used the stamp to inspire and create different aspects of the design.  Here is a look at the final spread.



To start my layout I used an 8.5 x 11 piece of white card stock turned horizontal.  To add soft interest to the background I did repeated stamping, both 1st and 2nd generation, in grey ink using the beautiful leaf patterns on the stamp.



I printed out a large photo to act as the focal point of the layout but left room around the edges to add a few accent pictures.



I placed the accent pictures around the large photo in a visual triangle.  To add more dimension to the spread the small photos are popped up on adhesive squares.



Using labels from the Pocket Life kit ephemera pack I stamped coordinating sentiments from the stamp set.  I adore the font on these labels and the feelings and memories that the sentiments bring back when I look at the spread.



This was such a magical evening and I am so glad that it was captured and documented to remember forever.  This is what scrapbooking is all about!  This is the WHY behind this fun hobby.  It really is at the heart of all our projects.
I hope this inspired you to tell your stories in a different way this month.  Have a beautiful day!

PS. Don't forget to stop by the shop and check out all the grab bags before they are gone!




Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment