Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday Sketch with Aimee Dow

Happy Scrappy Sunday! I know every time I am rostered for a sketch challenge I complain. Worse still when it's over and done with I usually surprise myself with the final page. Apparently I still haven't learnt my lesson because this more than any other sketch, I dreaded. I actually lay in bed early one morning trying to figure out how to tackle it. After a hour of tossing and turning I decided the best think for it was just to get up and try it and you know what? I think this might just be my best one yet. Here's your sketch, should you choose to accept it:

And here's my take:

I'm not going to lie I tried really hard to stack it neatly like the sketch. You know how much I love neat and tidy but it began to look like a game of Tetris and you can send yourself bonkers trying to line everything up. So instead I decided to embrace my inner Suse Fish.








This month I was working with the Driftwood Main Kit and the Heck Yeah Add on. All that was pulled from my stash was the Heidi Shine in Ocean, Kelly Purkey's Alder Alpha stamp set, a few pop dots, the random blue 'Oh yeah' clip I found on my desk go and my tiny attacher. Not bad huh? 

Now it's your turn. If you want to play along with this week's Sunday Sketch and be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate, create a project based off of the sketch and upload it to CTK Gallery by next Saturday, July 30th. Please make sure to include "Sketch 7/24" in the title line of your project.


Can't wait to see what you all come up with,

Aimee Xx


SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. It's so fabulous, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Suse :) I'm not quite in your league yet but I had a lot of fun trying Xx

      Delete
  2. Aimee I love this so much!! I'm going to give this sketch a try soon. X

    ReplyDelete