Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sunday sketch - Suse


Happy Sunday to you, friends! Suse here with you today for our regular Sunday Sketch Challenge.
If you fancy challenging yourself (and you could win a little scrappy treat!) why not have a go at this one with me?


It's a lovely sketch, isn't it? I liked being pushed out of my comfort zone a little in using two rectangular photos instead of my usual one square shot. I also enjoyed thinking a bit laterally about how to treat that central band.


I've got to be honest, the July kits could not be more 'me' than if I'd picked them out myself: the pretty colours, the fun imagery... they were a delight to play with and I'm so happy with the playful end result of this page.


It's amazing how kids' smiles change so quickly at this age, isn't it? Kitty had lost both front teeth in these photos and it changed her entire face. I wanted to document that lovely gap-toothed grin in a cute, happy way.


I'm enjoying using my typewriter for journalling these days... as much as I wish my handwriting was lovely, it never looks very special to me, and this vintage printed look makes me much happier.


I reached a point with my page where I felt it had enough going on on it... yet there were still elements of the sketch that I'd not included and wanted to. So I decided to add elements like this fish tail banner and the strips at the top and bottom of my page, in vellum and white - that way, they're there without packing too much of a visual punch. 

I hope you feel inspired to play along with this fun challenge - you could win a $5 gift certificate to spend in the Citrus Twist Kits store. Just create a project based on this sketch by Saturday 23rd July and include 'Sketch 7/17' in your title when you upload it to our gallery. Have fun! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that lovely sketch and Your inspiration Suse! I admire these pictures of Your cute daughter!

    ReplyDelete