Sunday, February 18, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Veera and Kathleen

It's time for another Sunday Sketch Challenge! This week's sketch is so versatile and works with so many type of projects! This time we have two times of inspiration for you with two layouts: one by Veera and one by Kathleen.


Veera's turn first: It was so fun working with Kathleen, you will be amazed with the layout she did! I followed up the sketch very closely. I only used 12x12 as my background instead of 9x11. I didn't have a suitable landscape picture so I used a smaller square picture but included a piece from ephemera pack to bring a bit more shape behind the picture.


I also added a bit more flowers as embellishments. I used a visual triangle to create interest to the layout.




Now it's Kathleen's turn:

Hey there, it’s Kathleen here again and I am so happy that I got to do this Sunday Sketch together with Veera! Her layouts are always absolutely gorgeous, very light and airy with lots of white space! :) It’s no surprise then that this sketch was perfect for her ;)





As you can see, for my interpretation of the sketch I actually stuck quite closely to it and didn’t change much at all. Basically I flipped almost the complete sketch horizontally and moved the upper paper strip to the top of my page, simply because my photo was relatively big and the paper strip didn’t really work where it is shown in the sketch.



For my layout I used the gorgeous Cedar Grove scrapbook kit and the embellishment kit. This photo was just perfect to use with these kits because I could find all the colours from the photo in the papers and embellishments, too.



The only things I added from my stash are the white and golden enamel accents and the „you make me happy“ stamp beneath my title. Speaking of which: how could I live without these alpha stickers?! I’m pretty sure I will need at least one more set of these!! The colour is stunning! I love that it’s more of a champagne/platinum gold rather than a yellow gold. And the big and small letters are such a great thing, too. I am pretty much in love with them, haha :D

I hope Veera and I could inspire you to give this sketch a try, too! And if you do, don’t forget to post your layout in the member gallery and/or facebook group together with the date of today’s blogpost, so you will be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate for the CTK shop! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Kathleen & Veera

1 comment: