Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Chantal

This week, our layout sketch is a 12x12 layout with pretty patterns, pops of colour and loads of layers. Fellow creative team member Anna Uhras, is joining me this week and sharing her take on our scrapbook sketch.




For my project, I converted the original sketch to a 8.5 x 11 and stuck to a fairly neutral colour palette using five different patterned papers & the vintage music book page, from the Main Scrapbook kit.

I first used the word "loving" from the Main Scrapbook kit stamp set, to make a pattern at the bottom of my page and once everything was dry, I proceeded to glue on all of my layers including my photo.

For some colour, I choose a Maggie Holmes navy ephemera bit, added some text and used the exclusive stamp set to stamp a grey circle onto the polka dotted piece. I then glued on a gold sticker from the Flourish sticker set, finished it off with a Thicker and glued it onto my page. 

The title and flag (at the top of my page) were created in Photoshop and cut with my Silhouette Cameo. Next, I added a little paint splatter and some buttons and the flag + title pieces were finally sewed down to my project. As a last minute add on, one of the heart paper clips was slipped onto the ephemera piece as well...it was too cute not to include!








Sketches are a Godsend when you have no idea what to do and they are an excellent starting point for any project (layout, project life spread, mini album or card). Creating a sketch in Photoshop has always been my starting point, when putting together a layout. It saves me heaps of time!


And here is Anna's take on our Scrapbook sketch;


I'm so happy to pair up with the super talented and lovely Chantal today, with this edition of CTK Sunday Sketch. My interpretation is pretty close to the original design though, with a little twist.

I've used the Main Scrapbook kit, Embellishment kit and The February Pattern Paper Play to create this page. I'm totally IN LOVE with the Maggie Holmes Flourish Poppy patterned paper! Just saying...








Now it's your turn! To play along with this weeks sketch and be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate to the Citrus Twist Kits store, create a project inspired by this week's sketch and upload it to the CTK gallery with today's date (02/25) in the title.

Happy creating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment