Thursday, March 16, 2017

In My Studio with Andrea! Yay!


Hello! It's Andrea here and today I want to share with you my creative space! Well...one of them. I have a few places I like to create...in the living room is one, hanging out with my hubby, on the couch with my scrap stuff spread on the coffee table. And I also have a designated “scrapbook/craft room”. However, because of my CRPS condition, I was finding it increasingly hard to get over to my craft room or the living room to create so I asked my husband last year if we could set up our bedroom so that I could scrap and craft and plan, etc in bed! I am now a huge fan of this idea and I have been encouraging other people who suffer with different disabilities or health conditions or illnesses to scrap in bed also! It has been such a gift to set up my bedroom to make it easier and more comfortable for me to create. I love it!


My husband built me a special desk that I can slide, kind of like a really long tray, over the side of the bed and just sit in bed and work on my projects! It is my “bed desk” and it is so awesome! My husband, Ryan, is an amazing carpenter so the desk is perfectly designed to fit my needs! When I'm not using it, it has a spot in the bedroom where it just sits nicely, below some wall decor pieces that I made (like the little house shelf and the 3 hearts)!



I also asked Ryan if he could make some sort of storage for me to go in the bedroom and so he built a special shelving unit that I designed, which perfectly fits all my mini albums and displays them. It also has cubbies to hold my 12x12 plastic containers which I use to keep different collections and my Citrus Twist kits. And at the bottom, I designed a cute little cabinet section that holds other product and tools and my larger albums and layouts.


I also have a really cute vintage desk in my bedroom. It is up against the window and we painted it pink and it is just my favorite! I love the sweet little vintage pink chair that sits in front of it too. They are not the same pink and I love that! I think they just compliment each other and the rest of the room. I love that when I need to sew, I can just pull the chair out and sit at that desk which holds my sewing machine and do some fun stitching on my layouts and tags and things.


My mom bought me a We R Memory Keepers wall storage piece that holds my paints and glitters and punches and things. The outside is useful too because it has white boards and chalk boards that I can write on and put notes to myself.


I have these cool smaller storage pieces and containers that I have collected over the years to go in my bedroom scrap space. I have newer things from Crate Paper, like the muffin tin that is perfect for holding embellishments like the exclusive cut-apart pieces from the Citrus Twist kits and other ephemera. It is so easy to pull from when I am working on a project and I can see everything easily. 


I also have some neat vintage containers like the aqua depression glass dish with the lid that I like to keep paperclips and things in. I have some wooden boxes and divided storage pieces that my hubby made for me which I love so much! The big pink one that sits on my mobile “bed desk” is so great because I can fit everything for one project in it – the 12x12 papers, the chipboard stickers, the alpha thickers, the ephemera and other embellishments, and I love the drawer at the bottom too because I can put my pictures in there. And for my markers and pens and scissors, I use a simple mason jar.



Here, you can see me working at my “bed desk”(yes, in bed!), using the amazing March “Oliver” kit to do some planner decorating! You can even see the sheets in some of the photos. I hope that this all gives you an idea of how and where I create and that maybe I have inspired you to scrap in your bed too! Wherever you decide to create though, have fun and happy National Craft Month!!!

xoxoxoxo – Andrea (i.e. Fairytale Scrapbook)


No comments:

Post a Comment