Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday Sketch with Claudia

Good morning! I hope you're having a lovely weekend. It's Claudia here with you and today I'm sharing a layout I created using the following sketch;


One of the things I really like about working with sketches is that it gives you a start of point in terms of where to put certain things on your layout. I knew from the start that I didn't want to use 2 photos on this layout so instead of using another photo I just chose to go with another design element. I cut out a piece from the cut apart paper from the Crate Paper Oasis collection which came in this month's Main Kit.


Since my photo was taken in the sky I thought the title 'Let's Go' would be quite fitting. I used the gold glittered thickers from the Main Kit to create part of my title. For the 'Go' part I used some letters from the cut apart paper from the Pinkfresh Studio Dream On and traced them on the pink circle paper from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection to add an extra pop of pink (I can never have too much pink on a layout!). To give the letters a bit more definition I pulled out a pencil and outlined them.


I don't really do journaling on my layouts so I used the numbers that you see on the sketch as a design element, which I think works just fine. Do you have a similar photo? Maybe it would be an idea to put your top 5 favorite / dream destinations on there if you're not too keen on doing visible journaling on your layouts.



I punched out a few tiny butterflies with my punch and added them to create a little more interest and dimension in some places. I finished off the layout by adding some gold splatters using the Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine mist from my stash.


To play along with this week's challenge, create a layout inspired by the sketch, upload it to the Citrus Twist Kits Gallery with the sketch date (3/26) in the title, and you might win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK store.

Looking forward to seeing what you will create!


Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment