Saturday, December 10, 2016

3 to Inspire with Suse

Hey friends, Suse with you today for another fun 3 to Inspire challenge. Today I'm making a super-pretty wintry birthday layout in cool pastels and rose golds.


When every single paper in the kit is as gorgeous as these and I can't choose which ones I want to use, a cheeky trick of mine is to use small pieces of them all! 

I layer them up - either in neat patchwork squares, or in roughly torn sections as here - then pop them behind my page before tearing the front page away to reveal all the prettiness. 


So there's our first prompt for today's challenge: include a layered panel of your favourite papers somewhere on your page. You might like to stitch along the edge too, for extra interest.


I just adore the look of butterflies on my pages: they never fail to give a really beautiful look, even when used singly like this stunning golden one. 

I love to wrap their 'bodies' in thread or attach other embellishments or fabrics for extra interest. Balling up thread behind them can look gorgeous too. 


So our second prompt today is to use at least one butterfly on your page. If you don't have any die-cuts, it's very simple to download and trace an outline onto your favourite papers, then fussy-cut them out. 

You might like them to 'fly' across your page or just use one or two to give focus to your embellishment clusters.


My third prompt for this challenge is a nice easy one and it's one I do all the time as I love the clean look it gives: pop your journalling on a tag tucked behind your photo and use a simple stamp to give it a title. 

Now it's over to you! Remember to make sure to share your work with us here in the gallery and/or our Facebook Forum so we can all enjoy each others' creations!
  
Here's a reminder of our three prompts:

1. Include a layered panel of papers somewhere on your page
2. Add at least one butterfly
3. Journal on a stamped tag

I hope you have loads of fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment