Friday, April 15, 2016

Pocket Life Sketch Friday | neutral spread with pops of color

Hello and welcome in another Pocket Life Sketch post! It's Kasia here with some pockets inspiration!

PL-week14

I love bright and airy spreads and try to keep my 2016 album in this style. I focus a lot on neutral, cool colors through all my pages - I pick white, grey and shades of blue and love building the base of my pages on them - so as you can imagine April kit was perfect for me! I love the double sided cards and possibility to choose more neutral color scheme.

PL-week14_5

But I also know that neutral spreads can be a bit boring - both to look at and to make. We all love some color, don't we? So every week I try to add different splash of color to the pages I make. This time I picked green - my tiny herb garden was an inspiration for this move!

PL-week14_3


Just two green elements - the week number and big, transparent title helped my pages come to life and look much more interesting. I used other bits and pieces from "Santorini" Pocket Life kit and April Sprinkles kit to finish off my pages. Below you can see more photos!

PL-week14_1

PL-week14_2


PL-week14_4

PL-week14_7

PL-week14_9

I also have some fun sketches for you this week. Most of the time I stick to same pockets, but sometimes, to change things off a bit I pull out my fuse tool and create a custom pocket. It's so much fun!

sketch1


sketch2

Don't worry if you don't have a Fuse Tool - you can also use a sewing machine or just create a layout following the sketch and slip it into full size page protector. Experiment! And have fun!:)

Show us which side of April kit you felt inspire to use - did you go for neutrals or for bold colors this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment