Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday Tutorial with Michelle

Hello!  Today is Tutorial Day on the Citrus Twist blog and I want to walk you through the process of using a non-scrapbooking related image as inspiration for a scrapbook layout.

To start the process off, I browsed through my board titled "Scrappy Inspiration" which is where I file away images of the non-scrapbooking kind.  For the most part, it's a blend of various graphic designs, cool title work, and magazine-type images.  This is the image that I chose to work with:

post it notes
 

 
I really liked the mix of colors and placement of the squares and rectangles, so I set about cutting my own from the various papers and the envelope included in the October Pretty Pieces Add-On Kit
 
CT October Tutorial
 
Next, I played around with the placement of the shapes while keeping the inspiration piece in mind.
 
CT October Tutorial 3
 
Using my pin as a jumpstart really took the guess work out of figuring out where I wanted my papers to go and left me with lots of time to play around with the fun embellishments in the October Add-On Kit.  This is what I ended up with:
 
Star
 
Star 2
 
Star 4
 
Star 3

You can definitely see the resemblence between the inspiration piece and the layout, but you can tell that I made it my own. I took the simple composition and ran with it.  More and more I find myself going to non-scrapbooking related images when collecting ideas for future layouts.  What inspires your papercrafting? I would love to hear from you :).
 
 
 
 

1 comment: