Sunday, December 5, 2021

SUNDAY SKETCH with Nathalie

 



Hi there!

Nathalie with you today to bring you some inspiration featuring this week's sketch and a mix of new products from this month's release.  I am sure that you (as many of us) are looking at easy and quick ways to document your memories.  Well, sketches are a great help when it comes to documenting in style in a short amount of time.  They are like a blueprint to your page, the rest is up to you! Let me show you this week's sketch:





And here  is my project, inspired by the sketch:




I chose to use the sketch  for a Life Crafted album layout.    First, I had to decide on the orientation of the sketch so that it work for my album.  This meant, rotating the sketch 90 degrees counterclock wise.





I chose to place my photos and all the paper layers ( Fernwood Add -on kit and December Digital Files) on the left side of the album.  I followed the layering on the sketch to build the layers behind the photos, and replace the cut file mat with ephemera pieces from the Fernwood add on kit,




I decided to switch the background paper of the other side of the layout to one of the Digital papers from the December release ( this was also used as a layer behind the  photos.  I used Photoshop to add my journaling before printing.  






I added the small strips of paper to the right of the layout, just like in the sketch.  I repeated some of the patterned papers -Fernwood Add on kit-  so that it ties the two sides together; then switched the small label for CTK exclusive TAKE IT INSIDE ephemera pieces.   






I hope this inspires you to use the sketch to document your memories... Remember to have fun with it!!

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment