Saturday, June 12, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Shannon

 


Hello there, crafty friends! Shannon here with a 3-to-Inspire to get your creativity flowing. I primarily used the Butterflies & Tags ephemera to bring this page together in my Life Crafted album. Let's get to my list of 3 prompts:

1. Make a list
2. Use butterflies
3. Design on the diagonal 


1. Make a list
Lists are kind of my thing both inside and outside of my scrapbooking. I'm a lister by nature so it's fitting that lists show up often in my scrapbooking. The Butterflies & Tags ephemera has these great numbers with arrows. I used the colors of the numbers to lead the color scheme for my whole layout. When I noticed that the arrows alternate which direction they pointed, I knew that I wanted my blocks of journaling to follow that same alternating path. My list isn't quite a true "list" but each block of journaling lists out my favorite things about each of my daughters. 


2. Use butterflies
You know that a product called Butterflies & Tags ephemera is going to have beautiful butterflies! I went through all of them and chose 3 different ones that matched the colors on my page. Quick tip: don't let your ephemera overpower your photo! Originally, this photo was zoomed out more and my daughters didn't quite fill the frame. But, when I placed my butterflies on my page, the proportion was all wrong. So, I reprinted the photo with my girls filling more of the frame and the proportion was just right. This can happen with any embellishments!


3. Design on the diagonal 
This is a go-to design style of mine. I absolutely love the movement across the page and how it inherently allows for white space. This allows my page to flow and my eyes to rest! The way I designed on the diagonal here is a little more subtle. You could make it more obvious by adding a diagonal line of patterned paper, stamping in a diagonal pattern, scattering small puffy stickers or enamel dots diagonally across the page, or arranging your photos in a diagonal pattern. Here, I kept my photo in the middle and added plenty of layers. But even with all of those layers, my layout felt like it was lacking something. When I added in a few pieces of ephemera at opposite corners, it instantly tied my page together. Take a look below at what I mean about the diagonal design.


I hope my 3 prompts have given you some ideas on how you can get started on your next page. I can't wait to see what you create!



No comments:

Post a Comment