Saturday, June 26, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Marsha

 


Hey, friends!  It's Marsha here today with another 3-to-Inspire challenge!  I used mainly products from this month's release to create this layout in my Life Crafted album.

Here are this week's prompts:

1. Create a grid design
2. Use cork embellishments
3. Incorporate hidden journaling


For my layout today, I knew I wanted to use a grid design and include some of my favorite patterned papers from the Peachy Keen 6x8 Paper Pad.  I trimmed three of the papers into 2x2 inch squares and arranged them, along with some ephemera pieces from the Butterflies and Tags Die-Cut Ephemera, in a grid design on the page.  I considered using a Life Crafted page protector but opted to create the design on white cardstock instead.  This allowed me to add more dimensional elements and include a longer chipboard title. 


I created the title using the Woodgrain Chipboard Alphabet Stickers.  I also used a border punch to punch a scolloped strip of woodgrain paper and added it below the title.  I like the added detail this provides, and it also helps to ground the title.  To complete this side of the layout, I embellished a few of the squares with the Loved This Day Puffy Stickers and the Chasing Rainbows Cork Stickers.


For the other side of the layout, I layered patterned papers from the Peachy Keen 6x8 paper pad behind my photo and created a pocket to hold my journaling tag.  


I typed my journaling and printed it on a digital journaling card from the May 2021 Digital Journaling Cards.  I trimmed the card into a tag shape and added a strip of patterned paper to the top of the tag for extra interest.  I slipped the tag into the pocket behind my photo.  Incorporating hidden journaling is a great way to include the story without it being a feature on the layout.

I love how this spread turned out using the products from this month's release!  


I hope you are inspired to use these 3-to-Inspire prompts on your next project!  Thank you for stopping by today!

xo,


  

No comments:

Post a Comment