Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Spring Magic with Krystal


Hi everyone! Krystal here with a spread in my Life Crafted Album using the brand new April "Night and Day" Life Crafted Kit! This kit is filled with so much goodness, I just wanted to keep making things with it!


For my first project, I decided to create a page documenting some spring blooms a dear friend sent to me. I started with two pieces of white cardstock from my stash, which I cut down to 5 in. x 8.25 in. to be the same size as a Life Crafted page protector. I used one of the cut files available this month to start my title and cut it from the pink patterned paper from the kit. I love the way the bright pink pattern stands out on the crisp white background.


To finish my title, I added one of the gorgeous gold puffy phrases from the kit, overlapping it slightly with the cut file. I added some die cut flowers and leaves from the ephemera pack in the kit and a chipboard heart as embellishments. Then I stamped "wake up & smile" below my title to finish off this side of the spread.


The other side of my spread holds my photo. I wanted to make sure that I added all of the colors from the title page to my photo page, so I started by adding lots of layers behind my photo. I used the scraps left over from my cut file to start, then added the beautiful vintage-looking paper behind that. Then I brought in the navy paper to add some weight and finished off the layers with another peachy-pink paper behind everything else. 


I also created two embellishment clusters around my photo. I used a few of the tickets from the digital Cut Aparts, as well as a couple labels and another piece of chipboard. 


I added some stamping to the labels using both the stamp from the Life Crafted Kit and the Traveler's Notebook Stamp. Then I finished off this side of the page with a couple of gold puffy hearts. 


I'm so in love with how this page turned out! It just screams spring to me. Mostly I'm glad that I was able use this kit to document the sweetness of a friend during a rather dark time for all of us. 


You can watch this page come together in the video below:




Thank you all so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my little post and were able to find some inspiration for using your kits. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment