Thursday, May 24, 2018

Clean and Simple Layout Inspiration | Kathleen Graumüller

Hey friends, it’s Kathleen here again, unfortunately with my last post as part of the Citrus Twist Kits creative team. I absolutely loved being on the CTK design team, but since things have gotten a bit hectic around here (at home, not at the CTK blog ;) ), unfortunately, I had to step down from this design team.

But let’s focus on my project for today! I thought I would share some inspiration for a clean and simple layout that I made with the beautiful May "Malibu“ scrapbooking kit. I used one of the iNSD sketches as inspiration for this one.

Sweet by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits
Sweet by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits





 When making a clean and simple layout, what always helps to add some interest to the page, is to use different textures. On my layout I not only used the patterned papers, but also part of the pink tulle that was included in the kit (as part of the border on the left, it’s a bit hard to see in the photos), different embellishments (like the gold puffy stickers, the cardstock stickers), some machine stitching and the white modeling paste.

For that last one I used a stencil from my stash that kind of reminded me of the blanket’s structure (which you can see in the photo). I love the look of white on white because it adds some interest to your layout without adding more colour or patterns, so it doesn’t get too busy.

Sweet by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits

I hope this layout inspires you to try the clean and simple style yourself :)

And since this will be my last blog post, I thought I would also share some of my favourite layouts that I made with the Citrus Twist Kits over the past eight months (and it was really hard to choose - the CTK kits really pushed me to try new things):

Favourite Layouts by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Loved this layout as I loved all of yours. Will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And thank you for every gorgeous layout you've shared and everything you've done for this team, I'm going to miss you Kathleen! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS page!! Thanks for everything!! I’m going to miss you 💗 xo

    ReplyDelete