Monday, May 29, 2017

Seize The Day

Good morning! Welcome back to the blog. It's Claudia here with you and today I'm sharing a layout I created with the gorgeous May kits. For this particular layout I'm using the Main and Sprinkles kits.

I've been trying to 'challenge' myself to use more patterned paper for my background so I decided to use this lovely paper from the Pinkfresh Studio Live More collection which comes in this month's Main kit. I also cut a piece of white cardstock (about 6"x12") to put in the middle of the layout. I decided that that is where I wanted my photo and the embellishments to go.
 
 

For the color scheme I decided to mostly go with colors featured in the background paper with a few hints of mint/teal added to it.  


I'm in love with these puffy stickers from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection and this floral one had the perfect color to match with the color scheme I'm using for this layout. 

 
At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like the rose gold foiling since I am obsessed with regular gold but I must admit that I ended up really loving the way it looked. It's definitely a nice change. I really enjoy these alphas that come in the Sprinkles kit so I made sure to use them for a (partial) title.



 
Because the photo is in black and white I thought it would be nice to add a little bit of black to the background so I pulled out my 1" circle punch and selected one of the papers from the kit that had some black on it. I then cut them in half and placed them on the layout - this frames it all together quite nicely.

There's also a process video up on my Youtube channel;


Thank you for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed seeing this layout and that you feel inspired to create yourself. Have a wonderful day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment