Wednesday, March 12, 2014

6x6 Paper Play with Jen

I was thrilled to get back to creating again with the beautiful March Pocket Life kit, after a month off for the birth of our third child. The patterns and colors in the Day Dreamer 6x6 paper pad are so happy and bright that they were perfect for creating a layout around a favorite photo of my daughter.

JenB_Mar6x6_1

With so many pretty designs in the pad, I decided to pull out seven of my favorites to mix and match as both background and accents. I matted my photo with the muted pink pennant paper and cut slightly smaller rectangles from the multicolor and yellow florals and the heart design to spread across the page. As soon as I saw the "never grow up" piece on one of the cut apart pattern sheets, I knew it was a must, trimming it in to a flag and adding two additional small snips of red and blue.

JenB_Mar6x6_3
For my title, I used a Silhouette cut, some of the kraft Elle's Studio letter stickers and two of the October Afternoon memory cards. The "you should know" speech bubble on one of the memory cards was perfect to cut out and use as part of a message to our sweet girl.

JenB_Mar6x6_2

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...that pic is so sweet. Fab LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! So soft & the colours look great together - love how you cut up the card, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this layout, Jen- so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete