Sunday, December 3, 2023

SUNDAY SKETCH With Nathalie

 



Hello everyone!


Nathalie with you today to share a bit of inspiration featuring this week's sketch and a mix of the latest releases.   We always love sketches around here, as they are a great starting point for your projects, especially when you have little time.   Let's take a look at this week's sketch





I love the large title and negative space in this spread.  So, it gave me the perfect idea to create a 6x8 Life Crafted layout with a bit of an interactive twist.





I used a bit of each of the new collections for this spread, as I wanted a colorful title.   But, let's take a closer look at the page.




I love the large title, but needed the extra space to fit it horizontally on my page.  So, I flipped it 90 degrees  so the title sits vertically on my page.   Using an alpha die from We R Makers, I cut patterned papers from Oh What Fun kit, Year in Review Digital kit.   Once I set them in place, then it was time to add my photo,




I decided to move my photo to the bottom of the page, as it fit the title work better.  However, I am "overlapping it over some of the alphas" as in the sketch.  I tried to keep the embellishments location closer to the ones shown in the sketch.  However here is where the fun on this page takes place!





To bring all the colors of the papers together, I printed one of the Warm Christmas Wishes patterned papers on vellum, and used it to create a small accordion fold for my photos.   I also brought some of the extra paper to the sides of the spread to tie it all together.  I love that little Santa with sunglasses as it helped tell the story of my baby!





I love how this turned out, and I hope it inspires you to check the new releases in the shop,  We have all you need to help you with your December and Year end documenting!

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment