Thursday, April 27, 2017

Love You

Good morning! I hope you are doing well. It's Claudia here with you and today I'm sharing a layout I created with this month's Main kit. I like challenging myself so I decided to use a color scheme I normally wouldn't go for and pull in a lot of orange/peach embellishments. The photo I used fits that color scheme quite well so that definitely made it easier.


The orange paper from the Pinkfresh Studio Dream On collection that comes in this month's kit was the perfect paper to create a little bit of interest to the background seeing as the color works well with the rest of the layout and the pattern is not too busy.


One of my favorite papers this month is the one from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection with all the butterflies. I cut out a few that matched my color scheme and placed them on my layout. As always, I folded up the wings to create more dimension.


For my layering I mostly used papers that had some orange and mint/teal in them, but I also decided to pull in a little bit of black because that is in the photo and I always love the contrast it adds to any project.

I placed the embellishments in a (sort of) diagonal way and also pulled in the phrase stickers from the Pinkfresh Studio Live More collection to fill in the space. I love the exclusive die cut pack from this month's kit so I made sure to use a lot of them on the left side of my photo.


To finish off my layout I pulled in some of the puffy stickers from the Pinkfresh Studio Dream On collection to add a bit more interest to some places on the layout that I felt needed a bit more. The last thing I did was add some splatters by using my Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine from my stash.

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed seeing this layout and that you feel inspired to create yourself. Have a wonderful day!

- Claudia

2 comments: