Wendy here to share up a different type of blog post for you today. Let's talk planners! Have you checked out the planner craze these days? There was even a HUGE planner convention near me (in New Orleans) that I'm still pinching myself for not knowing about. I will say that I don't carry more than two planners - one for personal deadlines (i.e. bills due, doggie grooming appt, etc.) and another for my creative/design team deadlines.
I've always been one to carry a planner or notebook with me in planning out my day, to-dos, or checklist of upcoming deadlines to target for the day/week. Then, when the planner scene brought rad stamps, stickers and amazing add-ons to jazz up my daily lists, I was all in. Although I don't go frou frou (aka frilly decorations with a bazillion stickers, countless washi tape, colors galore, etc) within my planner, personally, I keep it simple with a few stamps and simple stickers. Personally, this is my preference. However, if you have the time and desire, go deluxe and decorate to the max your planner(s).
All this leads me to say, did you know you can take your Citrus Twist Kits stamps to the next level to use in your planner(s)? I say plural in the word planners because many who are quite addicted or "highly dedicated planner enthusiasts" (as I like to call them, ha) will carry more than one, two, three, four+ planners. Personally, I don't have the time or space to carry more than two.
Here are my top essentials for my planning from shopping over at Citrus Twist Kits.
- Pick your planner album. There is a neat planner album option available over at Citrus Twist Kits, Webster's Pages Color Crush Leather Planner Kit available in teal, pink and caramel colors. Personally, I use a Kate Spade covered spiral bound album (for my creative deadlines) and a Day Designer/Blue Sky 6x8 gold & white spiral bound (for my home deadlines) from Target. In July, I will switch from the Kate Spade to the new Get to Workbook that gives off the calendar year of July 2016 - June 2017.
- Stamps. Stamps are my must-have in my planner! This is my ultimate embellishment and necessity for my planning. There is the motherload of options over at the Citrus Twist Kits shop. Look up "stamping" in the category and take your pick. The stamps by Citrus Twist Kits yields an abundance of options from the simple wording and phrases. Love them to bits! The Hero Arts My Week 4x6 set gives you many options for planning it out. A huge fav are the Kelly Purkey stamps that are perfectly sized for planners. You can find these and the roller stamps over in the shop too!
- Inks. I know many prefer pigment ink for planner stamping. Personally, I prefer dye ink. Pigment ink is more absorbent and takes a bit longer to dry (or speed up with a heat tool). Dye ink is instantly dry after stamping and non-smudging. As far as ink colors, I stick to basics of red and black. The majority of my stamping is just in black. There are a few dye ink options over at the Citrus Twist Kits shop here.
- Mini cards. These 2x3 mini planner cards were recently released and work perfectly for planning, shopping, and getting organized. You can attach them with a stapler to your planner page or drop in your wallet for a reminder while out and about.
- Embellishments. If I use embellishments in my planner, I like flat and not so bulky embellishments. You can look at your current and past Citrus Twist Kits for fun embellishments to add into your planner. Some of my favs are cork accents, non-bulk flair, mini binder clips, and stickers. The are SO many options in the "Embellishments" category over at the shop.
What inspires you from Citrus Twist Kits to plan it up?