Monday, October 24, 2016

A Full Heart | Elsie Robinson


Happy Monday everyone! I hope you're all having a brilliant start to your week. I'm super excited to share my first layout on the blog, using this month's gorgeous Waverly kit.

Autumn is by far my favourite season of the year. There's something so comforting about it getting slightly chillier, whilst the leaves turn into the warmest and brightest shades of red and orange. The air feels crisp and the clothes get cosier; I just love it!

I wish I could bottle it up and keep England's weather in a permanent state of 'a sunny Autumnal day'...


... and that thought was my inspiration for this layout. Honestly!

Whenever I have flowers in the house, they're always put into old milk bottles or mason jars (it's unashamedly very Pinterest of me), and I knew as soon as I saw the blue florals on the Maggie Holmes 'Jane' paper, they had to be fussy-cut. So I thought: 'why not combine those two ideas in paper form?'

Mason jar + a Maggie Holmes floral = a match made in scrappy heaven!


I'm having a bit of a love affair with a navy and burnt orange colour combination at the moment, and luckily for me, the Pinkfresh Studio 'Indigo Hills' ephemera pack had florals with that colour combo! They work really well with the Maggie Holmes flower's, and give the flower cluster a bit of a wilder and more organic look.


There's a lot of foam behind those flowers, but it was important for me to make sure the flowers were all at different heights to make the cluster look dimensional and a also bit haphazard to get that organic impression.


I played around with a few titles for this layout, but I wanted the mason jar to be the focus and all of my initial title options made the layout too busy for me. I decided to stamp 'a full heart', with some teal ink, on a banner from the Indigo Hills ephemera pack.

Titles don't always have to be a main focus on a layout, sometimes it's nice to let the papers and the design do all of the talking!



I also have a process video below if you want to see how this layout came together:


I hope all of your Mondays are off to good starts!
- Elsie x

No comments:

Post a Comment